You guys!! Do yourself a favor and go make these cookies right now, they are soooo good, I mean of course you can’t go wrong with oreos + sprinkles. These were easy to whip up and I just love the festive vibes they bring with the pop of color from the sprinkles. I’d love to hear how they turned out if you end up giving these a try. Happy Baking!
Oreo Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
i n g r e d i e n t s :
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped oreo cookies (about 10-12)
1/2 cup sprinkles
d i r e c t i o n s :
1. Preheat the oven to 350*. In your stand mixer, with the paddle attached, cream together the butter and sugar on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
3. Add the baking powder, salt and flour mixing until just combined.
4. Roughly chop the oreo cookies and add to the bowl along with the sprinkles mixing until just combined.
5. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, roll into balls, and place 1-2 inches apart. I wanted to make larger cookies so I used 2 tablespoons/cookie. Use your measuring cup to slightly flatten the cookies (see image above for what I did).
6. Bake for 15-16 minutes. After removing from the oven allow the cookies to rest on the baking pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
* If you want a smaller cookie go with just one tablespoon scoops and only bake 10-12 minutes.