I am excited to finally finish this blog post that I had promised would be up last week, oops! My only hold up was the photos, I didn’t love them and quick snapped them on my way out the door a couple weekends ago. Finally today I staged a new photo (the first one in this post) and now I feel better about completing the post. These cookies turned out really good! I was excited to try something new. The lemon isn’t too overpowering and adds the perfect hint of citrus which compliments the cranberries and white chocolate chips very well. After I made these I put them right into the freezer since we were heading out for the weekend and it’s actually been my favorite way to eat them. They are perfect right from the freezer, no thawing required! I’d love to hear how these turned out if you end up making them, happy baking!
Cranberry Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
i n g r e d i e n t s :
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1 cup white chocolate chips
d i r e c t i o n s :
1. In your stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on high speed 1-2 minutes.
2. Add egg, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
3. Add baking soda, salt and flour mixing until just combined.
4. Chop the cranberries and add to the bowl along with the white chocolate chips and mix on low until just combined.
5. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop and roll into balls until mixture is gone. Place on your cookie sheet which you will transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 30-60 minutes. For larger cookies use about 2 tablespoons (that’s the size I made) and use 1 tablespoon if you want them smaller.
6. Preheat oven to 350*. Remove the pan from the fridge and arrange 1-2 inches apart before transferring to the oven. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to slightly flatten the cookies before baking.
7. Bake for 15-16 minutes (10-12 for smaller cookies). After removing from the oven allow cookies to rest on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
*Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Or, my favorite for these cookies, store them in the freezer to enjoy whenever you’d like.