This is one of my all time favorite cookie recipes and they are quick and easy to whip up. Baking these cookies would be a perfect activity while we are all going through this period of quarantine or social distancing. With that being said hope this recipe finds everyone and their loved ones doing well!
i n g r e d i e n t s :
1/2 cup butter – softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/3 cup flour
1 bag mini chocolate chips (these are the BEST)
d i r e c t i o n s :
Preheat oven to 350*.
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing between each addition.
3. Add your dry ingredients: baking soda, baking powder, salt and four. Try to fluff your flour so it isn’t too packed when measuring. Mix until just combined.
4. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop, about 1 tablespoon, and drop the dough onto the baking sheet, no need to flatten.
6. Bake 9-11 minutes. Keep it on the lower side for a softer cookie. I bake mine for 9 minutes. Let them rest for a couple minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.